TTG CE2 Publisher released + Highslide update

We've been drumming it up for a while now, and I am today extremely pleased to announce the immediate availability of TTG CE2 Publisher, our new plugin for Lightroom's Publish Services.

TTG CE2 Publisher

TTG CE2 Publisher is a plugin for Lightroom's Publish Services which allows you to easily manage photos and albums on your server when using supported TTG image galleries, without having to output images through the Web module.

Previously, to create a new gallery you would have needed to use the Web module to design and export your gallery, then an FTP client to upload the gallery to your server to be viewed online; you would repeat this process for each gallery to appear on your site. A change to published gallery or galleries – a design change, or the addition of images to or removal of images from the collection – required that you recreate the gallery or galleries in full and upload everything again. In short, making changes to published galleries was a time-consuming chore.

TTG CE2 Publisher utilizes Lightroom's Publish Services to change the game. Templates may be created from the Web module, then re-used as needed via the publisher to create any number of galleries; changes made to that one template are immediately pushed to all related galleries. You can publish new images individually or in groups to existing galleries directly from the Library module, or you can remove or reorder images in an existing gallery, all without having to revisit the Web module.

All the creative power of TTG, now with greater ease of publishing and managing your images online. TTG CE2 Publisher begins a new era of Lightroom-to-Web publishing.

The plugin is fully documented in our wiki, but the gist of how it works is this:

• You use the Web module and a supported TTG image gallery to create a gallery template.
  • You upload this template to your website.
  • You use TTG CE2 Publisher to create any number of images galleries based on this single template.
  • Your galleries appear online in your gallery index, either on the TTG CE2 Pages Galleries page or in the TTG CE2 Auto Index location of your choosing.
  • You may add images to your galleries or remove images from your galleries at any time, and may update all of your galleries just by making changes to the base template.

TTG CE2 Publisher is a 1.0 release. It's fully functional and thoroughly tested, but not feature complete and we are most definitely looking for feedback from users so that we can craft stronger updates.

Our intent is to eventually support all TTG image galleries, but for the 1.0 release, the publisher is only compatible with TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery 4.2.0, released today. I'm going to say that again, in big letters:

Compatible with TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery 4.2.0

Additionally, the publisher does not yet support image metadata. Therefore, you cannot use metadata info plates, image headings or captions, or other metadata-dependent gallery features. We'll be aiming to get this into a benchmark 1.1 release. There will probably be smaller 1.0.x updates before that happens, though.

That said, I think it's otherwise in pretty strong shape, and I think you're going to like it. Ben has been the lead on this project, and his developer's intuition has really taken the publisher beyond what I had originally conceived it could be when we started talking about the project. Our testers have also been a huge help in bringing us to this release, so many thanks to Rod Barbee, Niall Horley, Ben Verwey and Kris Hunt. And to everyone for your patience and interest in this project as we've slowly pealed back the onion; we are ever thankful for the support and enthusiasm of our users and forum members.

We wish we could have gotten this to you sooner, but we wanted to make sure it was done right. We think it has been, and I personally feel this is the most significant thing we've added to The Turning Gate since first introducing the mobile gallery more than two -- maybe three -- years ago. It's not just another plugin added to our stable, but a significant addition to the toolbox that stands to revolutionize and rejuvenate your entire Lightroom-to-Website workflow. It's a game-changer.

TTG CE2 Publisher is available at an introductory price of $30. Get it in the shop.

And you will most definitely want to read the documentation for setup and usage information.

We will be accepting feedback and answering questions in the TTG CE2 Publisher section of the forum.

Highslide upgrades are happening as usual. You should receive an email with hyperlink to your order, or you may access your order from the "Find Your Order" section of the site sidebar.

13 Responses to “TTG CE2 Publisher released + Highslide update”

1. JayM says:

This is amazing! That said, I stopped reading at “does not yet support image metadata.”. I’ll be waiting until v1.1 until that’s rectified. That’s a big gap.

· November 20, 2012 @ 8:44 am

2. Ian C says:

Sweet! I love using highslide and will definitely use the publisher once it supports metadata as I need the filename to appear associated with the images in my galleries.

Thanks for your hard work.

· November 20, 2012 @ 10:44 am

3. Martin says:

awesome! I have been looking for replacement of ttg because of the hassle when updating my galleries. This changes everything, once the metadata is in place. Keep up the good work!

· November 20, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

4. Brian says:

When I upload Highslide galleries to the web server, I put their gallery in a subfolder of my domain. Then I send clients the link to their gallery, i.e. http://www.mywebsite.com/clientgallery

Does Publisher work in the same way? How do I specify the URL for the gallery?

Thanks in advance!

· November 20, 2012 @ 8:53 pm

• Matt says:

In the same way. The link will be your domain + your upload location (“galleries” by default) + the gallery slug.

· November 20, 2012 @ 9:14 pm

5. Sverre says:

This seems very promising – if you succeed to get the solution easy to use and robust it will be a killer. (I liked the WSPP solution very much but it had a lot of bugs and bad support)

Can you have several galleries (several publishing services) or only on root gallery on your Web site?

Album sets linked to Auto index template is also very welcome.

Will “no index” remove or overwrite any files in the folder?

To day I use YYMMDD as my naming standard to make sure the newest gallery is in the top of my index. How will this be handled when the url is generated from the name?

· November 21, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

• Matt says:

You may have multiple publish services.

You have complete control over your folder names using the “slug” feature, so you can still order your galleries however you like by name. And you can still reverse the auto index list order using the toggle outlined in documentation.

· November 21, 2012 @ 7:29 pm

• Sverre says:

Thank you Matt. Will “no index” remove or overwrite any files in the folder?

· November 22, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

• Matt says:

It shouldn’t remove the folder, though it would prevent any templates from being used.

· November 27, 2012 @ 8:56 pm

6. Matt Fitt says:

Thank you SO MUCH for this!
    I’ll install it first thing on Monday, after the holiday. I’m not going to wait for the metadata-friendly version, but like everyone else here, I certainly do look forward to it.
    Cheers!

· November 22, 2012 @ 6:47 am

7. Dana Hursey says:

Please keep us updated on new releases as I would LOVE to utilize this when it become compatible with the Client Response Gallery!

· November 27, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

• Matt says:

Will do. Believe me, I am very much looking forward to implementing full gallery support. We just need time to finish fleshing out the publisher functionality and to get the galleries caught up.

· November 27, 2012 @ 8:55 pm

8. Patrick Deleu says:

Sounds great!

I’m using the Photoswipe Gallery now since a few months intead of Highslide and am still in the proces of moving all my galleries, even those before I used TTG.

So I will wait untill this plugin does support Photoswipe as it will make my live much more easier!!

Can’t be there soon enough.

· November 30, 2012 @ 1:57 am