Voltroning the Highslide & Photoswipe Galleries

voltron-defender-of-universe-31000

Today is the Mayan end day, though fire is yet to rain from the sky. But just to be on the safe side, we are combining two of our image galleries into a single, earth-defending super robot bundle! From this day forward, TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery and TTG CE2 Photoswipe Gallery will be sold as one, preparing for a future in which the two galleries will actually be fused into one. They are now a single item in the shop.

Further, existing owners of both TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery and TTG CE2 Photoswipe Gallery will now find the other gallery appended to their existing order, waiting to be downloaded. The big advantage for Photoswipe users is that you now have immediate access to the latest publisher-enabled build of TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery. Huzzah!!

So it's not all doom and gloom on this auspicious day, and good things do come at world's end ...

7 Responses to “Voltroning the Highslide & Photoswipe Galleries”

1. Tyson Reist says:

Hi Matt,

What’s the future of the photoswipe gallery going to look like? Currently I use and prefer it’s clean look and solid performance between iOS and standard computing environments to the Highslide gallery. Will I be able to use photoswipe style galleries with Publisher (which I bought upon its release) anytime soon?

· December 21, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

• Matt says:

Photoswipe isn’t going away. But it’s not a high priority right now for publisher support, as it has the smallest install base of all TTG galleries.

· December 21, 2012 @ 9:37 pm

• Patrick Deleu says:

It’s a pitty that Photoswipe is no high priority. It would make my life easier and as has been told it performs well and clean on iOS, and that’s why I converted my Highslide galleries to Photoswipe…

· December 22, 2012 @ 9:59 am

• Matt says:

Highslide’s mobile gallery still uses Photoswipe, so that should continue to be an option for iOS until we’re further along with things. Unfortunate though it may be, reality is that there’s just one of me and I can only do so much at the same time. I need to prioritize projects, and that necessitates de-prioritizing others. Naturally, I try to prioritize projects which will affect the largest user base.

· December 22, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

• Patrick Deleu says:

Matt,

I fully understand the reason behind it, so don’t worry. I do much appreciate the plugins, so keep up the fantastic work!

Patrick

· December 22, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

2. JimR says:

I would like to see the “fit to screen” feature of Photoswipe added to Highslide.

· December 22, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

• Matt says:

Seriously? I hate that feature. I don’t like to see my images stretched beyond their native size, as they really take a hit in quality in the process. Anyway, if there’s a way to make Highslide enlarge images, then I don’t know what it is. It will downscale images that are too large, though, allowing them to fit on the screen. So if you want larger images to display in your galleries, then just export larger images! Just be mindful of your quality settings so that your file sizes don’t get out of hand; not higher than 76. And you might even take it down one tier to 69.

· December 22, 2012 @ 10:34 pm