Updates: CRG, Highslide, Horizon

Maintenance day here at The Turning Gate. We're graduating the Client Response and Horizon galleries out of release candidate status to full stable releases. The CRG and Highslide galleries get some minor bug fixes, but the Horizon build is exactly the same as RC3, just with the RC3 removed from the name (i.e. no need to update existing galleries). All three galleries are now supported by TTG CE2 Publisher, so make sure you're running the latest version of that, which is 1.1.6.

TTG CE2 Client Response Gallery v4.1.0 ( 2013-02-06 )

* Fixed autoplay for publisher templates (for real this time).
* Fixed downloads of manually supplied files for publisher templates.
* Graduated out of RC status.

TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery v4.2.6 ( 2013-02-06 )

* Fixed autoplay for publisher templates (for real this time).
* Fixed downloads of manually supplied files for publisher templates.

TTG CE2 Horizon v3.2.0 ( 2013-02-06 )

* Graduated out of RC status.

13 Responses to “Updates: CRG, Highslide, Horizon”

1. Peter says:

Another Turning Gate mail announcing yet another update in my inbox this morning. Such frequent updates normally make me suspicious of a product and I tend not to use it for a while if at all. It is often a sure sign of unstable software. Let us hope that Matthew means stable when he says stable. I have made numerous galleries but not recently and I like what the product does. So I keep my fingers crossed. Good luck to Matthew.
    Greeting from Switzerland, Peter

· February 6, 2013 @ 4:52 am

• Matt says:

Recent updates are all to do with integrating the new Publisher plugin into the galleries, which involved some pretty significant reworking. Previous updates were clearly marked “release candidate” to indicate that I needed additional user testing and feedback. But I’ve heard no issues from CRG or Horizon users in weeks — except the download images via publisher for Highslide and CRG, which is now fixed — nor have I hit upon any issues myself.

· February 6, 2013 @ 5:37 am

2. Savage says:

Is there also an update in the pipe that bring “multiple downloads at once” for highslide – like a checkbox on each picture an a download-button to download all selected pictures?

· February 6, 2013 @ 6:57 am

• Matt says:

Nothing in the pipe in that regard. Not sure what it takes to zip files on server, and short on time right now to investigate. I’ll keep it in mind for later, but can’t make any promises on it right now.

· February 6, 2013 @ 7:30 am

• Savage says:

I hope it will integrate on further updates… I also comment it on the forum a few months ago 😉

· February 6, 2013 @ 7:55 am

3. Rick says:

I received email notification that a new Photoswipe is also available, but nothing here on the website detailing any change(s). So, what changed in Photoswipe?

As long as I’m writing about Photoswipe — I’m a little apprehensive about the pending merge of Highslide & Photoswipe. I think that I read somewhere that Matt thought that both of these CE2 galleries were pretty much equivalent except for display on a tablet. Well, I find them to only be similar (the same?) on small mobile displays. On all larger displays (e.g., desktops & tablets) I find Photoswipe’s look and behavior quite different and I really prefer its look and behavior. I would hate to have Highslide totally replace it!

· February 6, 2013 @ 10:54 am

• Matt says:

Your concerns are noted, but unnecessary. The galleries will be merging, but Photoswipe will remain an option for large-screen use.

As for the update, it was for changes to the Highslide gallery, which all Photoswipe users now have access to, pending the galleries merging.

· February 6, 2013 @ 11:06 am

4. Joel Nisson says:

Two questions about Publisher:
    1. How do we ascertain which version of Publisher is installed?
    2. When installing Publisher, I understand that the .lrplugin file goes in the folder that contains my LR plugins, but what about the publisher folder, which contains four other folders – api, logs, templates, templates_autoindex -. Does that publisher folder go in the same LR plugins folder?
    Thanks.

· February 6, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

• Matt says:

You may ascertain the version number from within the Plugin Manager ( File menu > Plugin Manager ).

The /publisher/ folder is the web app portion of the package, and should be installed to your server as described in the setup documentation. See the “Docs” section of the website, accessible from the main menu above.

· February 6, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

• Joel Nisson says:

Thanks.

· February 6, 2013 @ 11:22 pm

5. Jon Evans says:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the latest update on Highslide, my autostart galleries all work perfectly now :o)

And personally guys, I don’t mind the updates at all ‘cos I know things are being constantly worked on, revised and reworked in proactive support for all TTG users benefit.

· February 7, 2013 @ 3:23 am

6. Anna Bolteus says:

Thanks for the update. Can you send me a link where it says what I am supposed to do with the zipfile that the update came in?

· February 18, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

• Matt says:

There is thorough installation documentation in the Docs section of the site.

· February 18, 2013 @ 11:28 pm