Update: 2014 HTML Gallery 1.0.2
Happy New Year!! It's 2014, and so we are rightly updating the 2014 HTML Gallery as our first act of the new year. I've been harvesting feedback and polling opinions to bring you this 1.0.2 update, so I think you're going to like these changes, because you asked for them.
Here's the rundown:
* Added Apple Touch Icon (open plugin; replace /lib/resources/images/apple-touch-icon.png with your own image).
* Added text-align for captions.
* Adjusted mobile breakpoints.
* Added width and height attributes to identity plate and single images.
* Changed default cell size to 178 (I think this is the ideal size for grid layout on iPads).
* Changed default number of columns from 4 to 5, to better accommodate the new default for cell size.
* Restructured image captions.
* Set caption width to match image width.
I asked, and the return was unanimous: you'd all prefer that portrait-orientation iPads see the same full-size thumbnails as on wider displays. So that's now the case. I've readjusted the mobile breakpoints so that iPads always see full-size thumbnails, and I've readjusted for smaller displays so that fewer devices will switch between layouts with orientation change (with smaller displays now favoring the mobile layout for both landscape and portrait orientations).
Along with these changes, I've readjusted the gallery defaults and styling to provide a better experience with the new iPad rules. The new defaults for the thumbnail grid are 178-pixel cells in five columns. This perfectly fits the iPad in landscape, and the layout shifts to a perfectly centered four columns in portrait orientation. I feel these numbers are now ideal for iPads, and you can preview for yourself by pointing your iPads at the demonstration gallery.
Apart from these major changes, I've restructured some of the source code for the single image view so that caption width now adheres to the image width, and you may also align your captions left, right or center.
I've brushed up some of the HTML as well to be more standard compliant (not that it was noncompliant before, but its more so now).
And just for the fun of it, I've added a handful of new templates. I hope you enjoy the updates!